The following event took place several days before the start of the campaign:
- Sarah Milner, a cleric of Heironeous and one of the dozen prisoners taken to the Baron’s Manor, was abruptly removed from her cell and forced to fight unarmed against a half-orc in a makeshift arena.
- After defeating the half-orc she was set upon by the guards, due to refusing the Baron’s proposal of her becoming his new “champion.”
- She managed to fend off most of the guards, even knocking one unconscious despite being unarmed.
- She revived the half-orc, who in turn assisted her.
- When given the chance to flee and attempt escape, she instead turned back to assist the now-dying half-orc and was eventually knocked unconscious by a guard’s left hook.
- She was dragged back to her cell, and the Baron was furious. The crowd, on the other hand, was very pleased and entertained. Thus, she was allowed to live and avoided being reprimanded.